Thursday, January 19, 2012

Should I sell my car?

I have a 1996 nissan 200sx in pretty good condition. On kbb.com it says it can sell for about $2300 after I fix the alternator, which I believe would cost around $300, and if the car has a clean history. The car has had a minor fender bender in the past and has failed 2 smog checks, but all the problems were fixed. I am not sure if this means that the car does not have a clean history, and if not, I am not sure how much this would affect the resale value of the car. Other than the alternator I'd say the car runs fine right now, but since it is an old car, I don't know how long it will be until I need another major repair. The car has 135,000 miles on it, has never had its clutch replaced, and it has beat up looking shocks. That's what I know to keep an eye on as of right now, but those things seem to be ok so far. I have an opportunity to get a solid $1500 for the car, as is, if I am willing to sell it soon. I am not sure if I should though. Also, I do not have the money to fix the alternator yet, and if I don't sell it, I am not sure when I will be able to get it fixed, but at the same time, I do not want to possibly get ripped off either by just selling it for just $1500, or possibly by buying another newer used car in the future that might have problems that I couldn't catch before buying it. Is it worth it to keep the car, or would you sell it?Should I sell my car?
16 year old nissanis worth about a grand.its not cherry or even in good shape/damaged etc

3 comments:

  1. You really expanded upon a subject that I usually don't care much about and made it very exciting. This is a unique blog that I will take note of it.car valuation free

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are plenty of ways where we can buy or sell a car because there are many popular automobile companies or agencies in the market.

    Lone Mountain Truck Leasing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing wonderful information.

    Are you looking for reliable caravan buyers Melbourne? Sell My Caravan Melbourne You have come to the right people. The Caravan Buyers is the trusted online platform that helps you sell caravans and get the best Cash for Caravans Melbourne. As trusted caravan buyers, we take caravans and motor home RVs in any condition, size, model, and type.

    ReplyDelete