Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's the best way to get out of my car loan?

I have a 2006 Scion xB with about 22k miles. KBB value is $14,800. I still owe about $13,600 on it. My car payments are $400 a month (I know, I know, my interest rate is ridiculous...) so I want to sell the car, pay off the bank, and go car-less for a couple of months until I can save up a couple of thousand dollars to buy a used car in cash. I live in NYC so not having a car for a few months wouldn't be a big deal. I would like to sell the car quickly, so I was thinking about taking it to a dealership and seeing how much they would offer me for the car if I didn't buy one from them. What do you think? I'd rather not deal with the hassle of selling it privately.What's the best way to get out of my car loan?
You won't do very good with a dealer.Maybe you could check and see if there is a car lot that will take it on consignment to sell for you.You would have to pay a fee of course but it would save you having to deal with selling it yourself.



They don't really pay off your loan.They pay it off but it gets added to your financing on the new car so nope your out of luck there.What's the best way to get out of my car loan?
Unfortunately KBB is not a valid number for anyone, it tends to be too high, and the dealer won't offer anything near that figure. Despite the hassle, your best bet is going to be a private sale.



The dealer will offer in the $11,250 range, leaving you with $2.350 to pay off.What's the best way to get out of my car loan?
pay it off
  • helly hansen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment