Thursday, January 12, 2012

Am I getting a decent deal or not?

Hello newbie here!



I want to check and see if I am getting a reasonable deal. Here is what I got so far.



DEALER: CJD



Trade in:



2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 2WD standard options with 46,000 miles. No mechanical issues.



Used Car:



2006 Jeep Commander Sport 3.7 L V6 4x4 (Silver) Mileage: 30,000



Options:



Leather Seats (Gray)

Heated Driver and Passenger Seats

Luggage Rack

Back up Sensors

Adjustable Pedals

Sunroofs

Alloy wheels

1yr Satellite Radio



Dealer Perks:



Free Standard Tires for life as long as I own the vehicle. Upgrades allowed just need to pay the difference.



Free emissions inspections for life



Balance of 8-Year/80,000-mile limited warranty



3-year/3,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty



CARFAX and AUTOCHECK both came back clean.



THE NUMBERS:



KBB TRADE VALUE: 12,000 Fair

NADA TRADE VALUE: 12500 Average



KBB USED VALUE: 19,500

NADA USED VALUE: 19,575



Purchase ORDER:



Asking Price: $22,191

Trade in Value: $15,541

Cash Difference: $6,650

PA TX:399

License Trans. $138.50

Balance of Previous Loan: $15,541

Out the Door: $22,728.50



Payments now $404 after $375



Obviously the dealer has brought up the price of the used car and shown me full trade by paying off my loan. However, all dealers I have been to have come out around the same for a 07 Cherokee and 07 Commander. Both are basic models and similar mileage. The numbers change of course by them offering me less for my trade and less for the car. I just want to make sure I am not getting ripped off. I am not concerned about power. I don't need a V8 in order to get to and from 'work and small trips. í like the look believe it or not, and so does the one who will be driving. My wife!Am I getting a decent deal or not?
It's not a terrible deal based on the numbers. However, that assumes that this is the right thing to do. I really don't think it is. What you are doing is taking a car that you are already upside-down in and pushing that debt over to the new car. Why? This is how people get into big financial trouble. They refinance bad debt on another depreciating asset.Am I getting a decent deal or not?
bottom line is its not a horrible deal and if it makes your wife happy, even better deal. if you can live with the increased payment. its not a bad dealAm I getting a decent deal or not?
Paying $22,700 for a 4 year old Jeep sounds like a terrible plan to me.



What are you gaining by spending an additional $7000 for the Jeep that you don't have now with the Dodge?
Getting that car for $22,100 is a total ripoff.

Even a place like Carmax, who notoriously overprices their used cars, has a similar car that is a 2007 model for $18,849.



You should be getting this car for around $17,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment