Thursday, January 19, 2012

For those of you who are good at buying cars?

The dealership is trying to sell a 2000 Cadillac Catera for $6000. It is an automatic transmission of course, has 102,000 miles and is in good condition for a used car I guess...Here is the description:



PEARL WHITE WITH TAN LEATHER. ALL POWER INCLUDING WINDOWS,LOCKS, MIRRORS AND SEATS. MOONROOF,CASSETTE/ CD PLAYER. 3.0 LITRE V-6 WITH 102,000 HIGHWAY MILES.



I'm not sure where this price stands on its actual value, but that is why I'm asking for help. I want to know how much I should offer for this vehicle because I know dealerships ask for higher prices. Please, if you were buying this car, WHAT WOULD YOU OFFER. What is a REASONABLE price to offer for this car? I know about KBB and all that, so I don't want to be told "look it up" or something. I just want other opinions on how you others out there would go about calculating and then planning on making a deal. If you can help me out with this car, I would really appreciate it--Thanks!For those of you who are good at buying cars?
Well, I buy cars all the time. I use Kbb all the time. I don't know why you would have such an aversion to it.

I would NEVER spend $6,000 on a car with over 100,000 miles on it. NEVER.

I have no problems buying a car with over 100,000--but the max I would pay is $600.00. That is just me. I figure the world is full of used cars, if I don't get one, I will get another.

Now how you work the car dealership....you are going to have to go to KBB and get an idea of how much they have into this car. Shoot them a fair price above what they have in it (maybe $250.00) .Of course they are going to say no. So leave them your name and number in case they want to reconsider. Then walk out the door.For those of you who are good at buying cars?
You don't want to hear about the KBB so I'll go on, it appears this is about the price you would expect to pay for a same year Honda Passport or it's brother the Isuzu Rodeo. You can compare these to the Cadillac. I think it is a decent price, providing the vehicle is in good to excellent condition. If it looks good and drives good, then it sounds like a deal.
  • mini countryman
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment