Thursday, January 19, 2012

Will trading in my new car worth 21k for another new car get me what my car is worth for the trade in value?

I have a 2009 nissan rogue. Its got 7k miles on it. KBB says trade in value is 21,100. I would like to get something like a RAV4. I owe 17k on the Rogue which is financed through my bank. Does it matter if when I go to buy a RAV4 if I look to buy a new or used one? Will that change the amount the dealer is willing to give me for my Rogue?



ALSO : I clearly dont know much about this...



So.. Say the dealer gives me 21, 100 for my Rogue. I buy a car that is 25k. I would then turn around and pay off my Rogue (17k), put the 4,100 toward my new RAV4 and then finance the rest... Correct? Will I need to put any other money down.



I really wish I liked my Rogue so I didnt have to deal with this... thanks ya'll!Will trading in my new car worth 21k for another new car get me what my car is worth for the trade in value?
First of all even though you car is worth 21k it's unlikely a dealer will offer that as they want to make a profit from you. Most work from the glasses guide (trade value) when valuing your car.

You'd be much better selling it privately and then heading down to the dealer with a 4k deposit to set up a new finance.

Also check with your current finance company there isn't an early settlement fee depending on what you orginally agreed in your current contract.

Laast of all do some research on the new car and have a few test drives so your not spending 20k+ on a car you might not like.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment