Thursday, January 19, 2012

How do get a used car dealer to?

lower the price of a vehicle? (Unfortunately I am in a situation where I must buy from a buy here pay here place, except I am getting a guaranteed credit loan, so instead of paying weekly, I get a loan from another company but they charge higher interest than a regular bank) This is a place that sells millions of dollars in cars each year and they are VERY stingy when it comes to lowering prices. They charge over the KBB and NADA and don't want to bargain. The car I want has been there for about 6 months because it is overpriced. I am looking for tips on bargaining with people who are stingy. I also have a trade for them, which the book says trade value is $2400, but knowing him he will only give me like 1000 if I am lucky. I want to get $2000. Wish I could go somewhere else, but I live in a rural area and don't have much choice. I can't get a reg loan because I have a mortgage and my dti ratio would be too high.Thanks for any tips!!How do get a used car dealer to?
These people have zero incentive to bargainwith you. They know you ahve no alternatives. They know they are the only game in town. They don't need to lower the price and they simply won't.



Buy the car for the price they have or go somewhere else is there attitude. You need them more than they need you so don't expect to get a "deal" from a car dealer like this. It's not going to happen.



The charge over KBB because they can. And they probably sell plenty of cars using this method. They may not say it but their attitude is pay the price or walk, we don't care.
U can see video guide: How to buy used car



http://howtosellused.com/how-to-buy-used鈥?/a>

more: http://howtosellused.com/how-to-buy-used鈥?/a>How do get a used car dealer to?
offer what you want and if they decline...walk away



or you can keep your current car and wait til you have enough money and or credit so you dont have to be taken advantage of
Lay the law down. Be like I want this price lower or I will go to the dealer right across the street.How do get a used car dealer to?
Do the Low down on him the price will be lowered
You have no leverage whatsoever. You can negotiate on price or terms, not both.



A bhph dealer has already negotiated on terms by allowing you to buy without good credit.



Do yourself a favor. AVOID them. Keep your car or sell it on your own and buy something for cash.



I used to know guys who ran one. They would sell $350 cars for $500 down and then "flip a coin" to determine if the cars price was $3999 or $4999.



It didnt matter. They knew they would never collect it all anyway. The car wouldnt last that long.



On nicer stuff, say $1500 down, you might get a $2500 wholesale unit Yet owe $5900-6900 more plus interest. And at 21-29% that interest can REALLY add up.



Buying from a BHPH dealer is crazy. Trading your current car and buying from a BHPH dealer is EXTRA crazy.
You said it yourself, he usually tells people "fine go elsewhere" so barganing isn't his thing... and he knows he doesn't have to.

I would suggest you look at car dealership prices on the internet for whichever towns are nearest your location. If you find a good price, talk to the person on the phone, say your interested.. find a few dealers in the area and make a day of it. go check out a few and be ready to buy. yea it might be out of your way, but you might get a much better car for the money and that, is worth the extra time and effort. The worst thing that will happen is that when you do your research you will find out that this local guy's deal isn't as bad as you thought and then you wont feel like your being taken advantage of.

No comments:

Post a Comment