Thursday, January 19, 2012

Do dealers ever take a car of higher value...?

for a less expensive car %26amp; pay the difference? I am guessing they probably don't but here's the thing. I have a clear title '02 honda that kbb says trade in value is 10,800. We are so beyond strapped for $ it's not funny %26amp; I really only use it around town so I'm thinking of selling the honda %26amp; getting an "around town" type older car for around 3 or 4K. The thought of selling it myself makes me nervous, I wish I could just take it somewhere %26amp; trade it for a cheaper car %26amp; get the diff. Would they laugh in my face if I asked this? I'd rather get laughed at online than at a car dealers ;-)Do dealers ever take a car of higher value...?
Your best bet is selling your car yourself, and then go to the dealer and buy the car with the money you got for selling your car. Private sellers (which is you) get more money then trading it in to a dealership, becasue of the cost of overhead and all.
I don't know of a single one...

best to sell that car outright---

dealers give far less than you can get for straight sale....Do dealers ever take a car of higher value...?
Sell it on Ebay. Its really simple and it works wonders. You would get the best possible deal with selling it yourself as opposed to a dealership. If you go thru a dealership, they won't give you that much for your car, they might give you $7,000 or something, they would mark it up to resell it for $11,000 so they can make a profit on it. I suggest selling it on ebay, or placing a local add and trying to sell it that way, then take the cash and go negotiate with a dealership, or check out the papers and see what you like.
i own a repair shop,and here's the deal,they,ll only pay trade in value for it,,because they can go to an auto auction and get one for way less than what kbb is,, this is only used as a guide to go by it don't actually mean all the cars they list on kbb book prices are worth that much,and they sure wont buy one strait out for kbb price,and on a trade i doubt they would do an even trade for an equal car either,dealers are smart when it comes to buying and selling a car.but you could try,but you wouldn't be happy with what the offered you for it,god luck if you do decide to do this,i hope this help,s.Do dealers ever take a car of higher value...?
Yes,it's not that uncommon. I do it at least a couple of times a year. I just have to cut back a check to the customer for the difference.
eBay is probably the way to go. I just sold a car and got the reserve price that I was looking for, which was almost twice as much as the trade-in value.



Here's some tips....



Check how much similar cars have sold for on ebay. To do this, go to search and click "Completed auctions."



Pay extra for "Featured listing." It's well worth the $19 or so. I am positive that this helped me get the price I wanted.



Pay extra for professional listing, such as CarAD. Not only is your listing better presented, you can add up to 35 pictures with ease.



After you get the cash, you can then go shopping for a cheaper car.
Yes they do. Not all that often, but it certainly does happen.



I sold cars many years ago. My first week on the job, a woman came into the Buick dealership I was working at with a nearly new Jensen Interceptor -- a gift from her ex-boyfriend. She traded it for a used Olds Cutlass and a check for over $10,000. Even at that, I had my largest gross profit deal of my career and made over $2,000.00 commission on that sale alone.



She never did say why she broke up with her ex. But we did have fun "christening" the Jensen when she picked up the Olds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment