Thursday, January 12, 2012

What is a fair price for this car? KBB vs Edmunds just confusing?

I am in the market for an older Honda Odyssey minivan. Trying to spend less than $3000. It is hard to get an idea of what is an average price around here because I am only looking at vans from 1995 through 1998 and there just aren't a ton out there to compare prices (most for sale are year 2000 and up)...



So this van is a 1995 EX with 150,000 miles located in Texas. From a private party seller. I don't know how many owners and I don't know if service records are available. I do know, from photos, that it looks very nice and well kept and according to the seller, has been well maintained and has no mechanical problems, AC works, everything works.



Kelly Blue Book values it at $3369 in Good condition. Edmunds values this same car with same options chosen and mileage and all, in Clean condition, for $1538



The seller is asking $3000



I have no idea what would be a reasonable offer or reasonable price based on this info and trying to use KBB and/or Edmunds.



The only other similar van I've found at this point is a 1998, with 180,000 miles, everything works, they say it runs great but I believe an LX vs an EX, sold by a dealer who is asking $1900 but no idea on how clean interior is and paint looks bad from photos.



The problem with both here is that they are in another town and I have to arrange transpo to go check them out, so I want to figure out realistic pricing before I make the trip.What is a fair price for this car? KBB vs Edmunds just confusing?
So you've found a Honda Odyssey for around 3000.00 and you're messing around on yahoo answers?? Come on. I would take 100 Honda Odysseys on my lot for under $10,000.00, let alone 3000.



You better quit over-analyzing things and go get it before someone else does. If you can get it for that, GO NOW!!! GET OFF THE INTERNET AND GO NOW!!! DON'T STOP FOR STOPLIGHTS.



"if I don't think I can get it for the price I hope for"

Really??? You've GOT to be KIDDING me! Go with 3000.00 and get it before he realizes he's made a mistake pricing it and raises the price.What is a fair price for this car? KBB vs Edmunds just confusing?
take 2500 with you and take a peek/what about getting it home??
  • google crome
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment