Thursday, January 12, 2012

I wrecked my car it wasn't my fault. I want the car totaled, but the insurance company is using retail value?

of the car. Is there anyway I can get them to use a private party value or something else? I had a 2001 honda civic LX, 1 owner, auto, 117,000 miles on it. The insurance company is saying it's worth $6750 and I know damn well no one would pay that much for the car. I want to get a different car, and don't really want to put the effort into selling it, now seems like a really good time to get one. But I know Nada's value is Base Price $3,200 $4,025 $4,700 $6,775, and KBB's is lower than that. I thought insurance companys liked to **** people over, why are they wanting to value my car so high and fix it? The car has $3000 dollars worth of damage. lolI wrecked my car it wasn't my fault. I want the car totaled, but the insurance company is using retail value?
The decision to total versus repair is not yours. The insurance company can use any formula they want to arrive at the value of your vehicle.I wrecked my car it wasn't my fault. I want the car totaled, but the insurance company is using retail value?
It is not up to you whether or not a car gets totalled. An insurance company will total out a car when the cost to repair it exceeds 70% of it's retail value. That is the formula. Period. If you do not want the car back, then sell it as soon as it is repaired.



As far as you thinking they are over-valueing your car, they are not. There are about 20 cars on Autotrader that have the same things as your car selling from $6000- $7500



http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresu鈥?/a>I wrecked my car it wasn't my fault. I want the car totaled, but the insurance company is using retail value?
Ya know, there's just no pleasing some people. If the damn car were burned to the ground you would be howling for the insurer to pay you $6,775. You don't have to fix the car -- take the check, sell the car as-is (it'll still have a clean title) and go buy another car.



Sheeeze....
If they have assessed the value of the car to be enough over the cost to repair, then it it totally their option to repair it.

Insurance isn't a savings account. The concept is to put you in the position after the settlement you were in before the accident. Since the repairs are doing exactly that, you are getting the results from insurance that are outlined in your policy.



Now you may have the option to take a cash settlement for the damage, and keep the wreck, but you aren't going to get much more than salvage value if you sell the unrepaired wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment