Thursday, January 12, 2012

Would I be able to trade in my 2005 PT Cruiser?

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser - I was in an accident Sunday morning and don't know if it will be totalled. If its not, and it gets fixed..I would like to trade down to an older used car...my loan is for $11000, KBB value is $8000 (once fixed). If I want to trade down to a $5000 car...is that possible and how does that work?Would I be able to trade in my 2005 PT Cruiser?
it is possible one of two things can happen, one the delear will pay of the ammount of the loan or unfortunatly they will add what your over from the KBB to the loan of the older car. so if the loan for the "new" car is 5k and they give you 8k for your car the loan for the "new" car will be around 9k possibly more with taxes and fees. it would probaly be best to try to pay down the loan even more so your not upside down, the value of the car is less then what you bought the car for. if not see what deals you can get by calling diffrent delears, best bet is to go to a main delearship and not a mom and pop place.Would I be able to trade in my 2005 PT Cruiser?
usually when a dealer takes a car in on trade and there is an outstanding amount owed on the car yet they deduct what they will give you for your trade in and place the difference onto the cost of the car you buy. I doubt though you will be able to trade yours in until you get it paid down more. Even if it is totaled most insurance companies will only pay kbb value with depreciation. You will still owe the difference. Have you contacted your lien holder and told them about the wreck. They have a right to know as they hold a security interest in the vehicle also..
  • trade in value
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment