Sunday, January 8, 2012

What Would Be a Good Used Car For Me? (info provided)?

I currently drive a 2000 Dodge Stratus. Over the past 4 months, I've put $2,000+ into repairs on it. I'd never been into an accident or anything, it just seemed to crap out at 100,000 miles. I'm sick of fixing it and now it needs something fixed in the AC system.





I drive probably 120 miles a week. I live in VA. My husband and I want to start a family next year, so I need something that will be a "family" car. It needs to get decent gas mileage (25+ city).





We won't own another Dodge/Chrysler or Ford. I like Toyota Corollas, but they're kinda steep for us. We want at least a 2002 (but definitely not new because cars lose 20% of their value in the first year). We want to spend $7,000 or less.





The private party value (KBB) for our Stratus is $2,800 w/o AC and $3,000 with (and since ours is broken, we're thinking about asking the "w/o" price).





What car do you suggest we get?|||i would look into a kia.|||A Mazda3 or Mazda Protege woudl be an excellent choice. They are roomy, reliable and a good value. A Honda Civic is great too, but you won't get much for $7000.|||well i looked up pretty a brand new car but the used aren't far off. hyundai is what i heard a great car. multiple people have told me that they great. for a good four door sedan a great family and great on gas milage(spelling) a hyundai elantra would be great. they get 25 mpg city and 33 mpg highway.


Brand new is $13,625 but a 2003 would probably be close to $6000 that I'm guessing. i'm not a pro but i'm really into cars so i hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment