Sunday, January 8, 2012

Buying a used car...?

Have ran across a deal for a 2010 Ford Focus. It has nearly 41,000 miles, 2.0, leather, and seems in great condition. Sticker says that it's $14,950. I looked up the KBB value from a CPO dealership, it said it was over $16,000.





What would be a good price to start negotiating from?|||FFE is not correct. Just because a dealer is asking "x" amount for a car doesn't mean there is always negotiating room. They may be selling a car for less than they own it for depending on how long they have had it in the inventory. I sell cars myself and it is always frustrating that people come in and try to beat me up because they don't feel they get a good deal unless the dealer drops his pants. If KBB said it is worth more than they are asking then it sounds like a good price.



This doesn't mean that you can't offer them a little less. This is normal. Don't walk away from a good deal though just because they don't come down $3000. I bought a car a few months back from a different dealer than I work for and payed what they were asking and didn't even try to negotiate with them because I knew the car was worth $4000 more than they were asking. I got a great deal.



always remember: "A car you are looking at today and are putting off until tomorrow to buy, is also a car that someone looked at yesterday and is going to buy today"



FFE has no clue what you are looking at so it is stupid that he assumes there are more cars like that one out there. Once a week I hear a customer cry to me that they should have jumped on the car they were looking at after I sold it to someone else and cannot give them a similar deal now on another one.|||A good rule of thumb is to go 3k less than asking. Start lower though. Ask them to go down to 11k, they will probably say no and counter offer. After the counter offer, try to settle at 12k. If they won't, try looking around some more. There are tons of used cars like that one and chances are you will find the deal you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment